Monday, October 15, 2012

Training this summer........

Been a productive summer although rough. Last few week I have been having allot of problems with my meds that I have to take. Imagine trying to train being sick to your gut and having chills , Sucks plain and simple. But by the end of training things are usually better. I suck it up.

I have been making gains though out my body. I have been focusing on my arms having one week with brutal high timed sets then the following week heavy training. Its been working my arms are coming up and filling out finally. Lets see chest has always been my favorite, I have changed the way I train it trying to get a more squared off look to the bottom as well as over all mass. Legs are a true test of my strengh of will. But my hard work is paying off I have hit personal records that I never thought I would be able to do. If you have read some of my previous blogs you would know about the severe medical problems well DR.s I took 315 down to ass and ankle baby for 4 beautiful reps. I have always squatted with a wide stance that used my butt for power. I changed my stance, 6'1 in height and only 18 inches between feet, all quads and it was also the last exercise in my routine this week . My left leg almost gave out on rep number 4 so I stopped but man THIS is the reason I am so gung ho in the gym. There is nothing like giving your all reaching those short term goals and surprising your self! The incredible rage I use when I train enables me to push things beyond what others do. I watch people stair at me in the gym but I don't care if they laugh. I love training!! If I had  a complete gym at home I'd train more and the sounds of a grown ass man singing his butt off to god know what would echo through out my neighborhood!! HHHmm shoulders have been really doing great. I still can't believe I got 95 lb dumbbells up for 6 reps on the dumbell military press!! I have really come to believe that if your smart about it and keep your focus you can attain your goals in the gym.
My back actually is really strong, I have made a point of slowing all reps down but sheez, its always been strong but come on 365 on bent rows, the seated hammer row my top set has 5 plates per side then a 70lb on top of that for 10 slow rows! It weird but everybody has those awesome body parts that respond to just about any thing. My biggest problem is getting the lat to contract hard enough before one of my joints starts to go. To strong of muscles and to weak of tendons and ligaments, so I've been working on increasing my secondaries so that I can tare it up on the main. Been working! Kind of funny I go up in weight for a couple of weeks then stop until the secondaries are stronger again. I have had this problem allot, considering how bad my genetics are. Oh well I work around it,
No retreat No surrender!!!
 I would say the one kind of music that defines me in the gym is the sound track from Conan the barbarian!! When I'm deep in the middle of a workout I feel like I 'm at the forge of my soul and a new being is brought forth through my blood sweat and tears!!! I roar at the confines of my prison and will never stop pounding the iron!! It is a burning need that doesn't care if your sick,tired, or whatever excuses you possess. I must honor the iron and build the machine of blood and bone that satisfies me! Of course being a bodybuilder this will never happen. Oh I could do this to my chest oh and that to my hamms. It never ends but neither DOES MY SOUL!
Never Retreat Never Surrender!!

No comments:

Post a Comment